- The Open Call is organised and administered by Art Dubai Fair FZ LLC (“ADF”), a company registered at Office 403A, Building 7, Dubai Design District, Dubai.
- The person whose contact details are listed in this form is the known as the “Participant(s)” and these terms and conditions govern both ADF and the Participant(s)’s (“Parties”) engagement in the open call (“OC”).
- The Participant is authorized to represent any and all members who are part of the submitted Proposal.
- ADF reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the OC if, in ADF’s reasonable opinion, it is no longer appropriate to continue.
- These terms and conditions shall in all respects be governed by English law. The Parties irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the DIFC courts in respect of all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions.
- ADF reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time without notice by publishing updated terms and conditions at www.globalgradshow.com .
- Participant(s) must be enrolled on an undergraduate/bachelor or postgraduate course of study or be a professor in a recognised educational institution anywhere in the world or have graduated from an undergraduate/bachelor or postgraduate course of study within the preceding three years.
- Participant(s) should fill in the application form for their proposal (“Proposal”) to the best of their ability and ADF reserves the right in its sole discretion to request further details of the Proposal including proof of any patents, design applications or registrations, trademark applications or registrations, other rights, permissions or applications.
- ADF may at its sole discretion reject any Participant(s) Proposal’s without providing reason.
- Participant(s) may submit multiple Proposal’s subject to each Proposal not being similar in nature of concept.
- Unless expressly agreed otherwise, Participant(s) accept that the submitted Proposals can be made publicly available on ADF media channels and will be capable of being shared by members of the general public across any and all media channels including the Internet.
- ADF shall keep all Participant(s) contact details confidential and shall not disclose them to third parties without the written consent of the Participant(s).
3. Selection Process
- Entries for all submitted Proposals close on April 2nd 23.59 GMT.
- ADF will at its sole discretion select a small panel of experts (“Panel”) who will review all Proposals received and provide recommendations to ADF which, if any, should be awarded.
- From the recommendations, ADF, at its sole discretion, may award one or more submissions that will receive an award (“Award”) which will be as follow:
- In the case the Participant(s) is currently enrolled in a university degree, the Participant(s) will be awarded the equivalent of the 2020 publicized yearly tuition fee for one person in the applicable educational institution;
- In case the Participant(s) graduated within the preceding three years, the Participant(s) will be awarded the equivalent of the 2020 publicized yearly tuition fee for one person in the educational institution the Participant(s) graduated from;
- In case the Participant is a professor, the university department or institution where the professor is employed will be awarded a scholarship equivalent to the 2020 yearly tuition fees of an undergraduate or postgraduate course, whichever is predominantly related to the professor’s work;
- All monetary prizes shall be payable in the Participant(s)’ local currency at the exchange rate applicable on the day on which the Award is announced.
- Participant(s) may also be invited, at ADF’s sole discretion, to further their Proposals via a development programme comprised of training, mentorship and engagement with relevant stakeholders, in order to test and pilot their Proposal, at a location and time period designated by ADF (“Acceleration”). ADF reserves the right to award the Acceleration independently from the Award
- The decisions of ADF are final and cannot be contested and ADF reserves the right, without giving reasoning, to not award any Proposal nor invite any proposal to the Acceleration if, in ADF’s sole opinion and at ADF’s sole discretion, the OC does not reveal a suitable Proposal to be awarded.
- The Participant(s) may at its sole discretion choose to accept or refuse the Award or the invitation to the Acceleration.
- ADF is not responsible for obtaining or verifying any intellectual property rights relating to a Proposal and it is the responsibility of the Participant(s) to secure protection for a Proposal if required.
- All intellectual property rights in the Proposal shall at all times remain (as between the Parties) the property of the Participant(s). Nothing in these terms and conditions, or the Participant(s) participation in the OC, shall operate to assign or license any intellectual property rights in the Proposal to ADF or any third party.
- By submitting the Proposal, each Participant confirms that they are the owner or licensee of all appropriate intellectual property (and moral rights) in the Proposal.
- The Participant(s) shall fully indemnify, keep indemnified and hold harmless ADF against all costs, expenses (including legal expenses), damages, losses or liabilities suffered or incurred by ADF (howsoever arising) as a result (directly or indirectly) of the Participant(s) infringement of the intellectual property rights of a third party. For the avoidance of doubt, where the relevant Proposal is submitted by a team, the liability of each team member under this clause shall be joint and several.
- Each Participant(s) hereby grants ADF a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual and royalty-free license (with right to sub-license) to use, display, publish, disseminate the materials submitted in the Proposal for the purposes of promoting ADF, the Participant, the Proposal or the OC.
- Without prejudice to any other right or remedy which it may have, ADF shall be entitled, on written notice, to terminate the participation of the Participant(s) in the OC, Award or Acceleration for breach of these terms and conditions or for bringing into disrepute ADF or any of its programmes or partners.
- ADF will not pass on the entrant’s personal data to third parties without the Participant(s) prior written consent.